Saturday, January 23, 2010

Prospecting

Wise words from wise men... Tried my best to recover whatever I have forgotten about Liang Wei's lesson and of course some extra guidance from the "tuition teacher" never hurts.

5 Base lines to work with for life:

1.God desires intimacy with us
Self explanatory and yet so easy to forget when we're dealing with someone so big.

2.God loves you enough
To bless you with the opportunity to serve him when he does not need to

3.FAITH BEFORE OBEDIENCE!
'nuff said

4.You don't need to know everything!!
'nuff said x2

5.GOD WILL PROVIDE
'nuff said x3

"'nuff said"s aside, I promised myself a proper reflection upon this wise words and here it is. The lesson is interestingly one of those that "disturbs the comforted" and "comforts the disturbed", though no where as harsh as Paul Washer's message, I was reminded how each and every piece of the wisdom shared that day had been granted to me earlier during my service in FireAC, with the exception of the first, which is the greatest revelation for me that day.

In light of the big choices that I will need to make, it is a good time to remember these base lines when making the decisions. They help to limit choices but it is the options that is left after filtering with the Word that becomes hard to choose.

Another Wise man told me to consider these when making the big decisions:

firstly, what your gifts are
secondly, what resources god has given you
thirdly, what mission has he granted to you
fourthly, if you are certain about the faith and endurance he will grant you to live that life

More filtering, and yet it is always questions like "what mission has he granted to you" that is hard to answer. Gift of discernment of spirits is rare in this age of blindness.

All the more things to pray about I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment